The Strengthening Food Security and Employment in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Bhutan project will be implemented by the Bhutan Foundation (or “Foundation”). The project is to be executed by working with the civil society organizations, community-based organizations, in targeted communities to introduce new methods of sustainable and climate resilient farming, scale up food production, and provide opportunities to employ those who have lost sources of income or employment as a result of the pandemic. The project is also expected to address the immediate issues of food logistics and distribution system and support young entrepreneurs in the process.
Description of the consultancy responsibilities
1. Gender Analysis
The gender consultant will be engaged to conduct a gender analysis with the aim to assess the current situation and context of women/girls and vulnerable groups vis-a-vis the project intervention area. The analysis should also assess the likely impact of the project activities on women/girls and vulnerable groups to ensure gender mainstreaming in the project for a gender equal and equitable outcome of the project.
2. Gender mainstreaming in the project
Based on the findings from the gender analysis a gender mainstreaming plan is to be integrated to the Monitoring & Evaluation framework of the project
3. Gender sensitization for the project partners
The short-term expert is also expected to conduct a gender sensitization training workshop for all the project staff. This will be to raise awareness, sensitivity and for compliance to the project’s gender equality outcome among the primary and indirect beneficiaries of the project.
- Gender Analysis Report
- Gender Mainstreaming in the Project Activities & M&E framework
- Conduct 2 Gender sensitization training workshops
The consultant will be based in Bhutan Foundation Office, and will work and report directly to the senior M&E officer and the Director of Bhutan Foundation Thimphu Office
Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate university degree in social science and gender studies
- Previous experience in conducting gender analysis, experience on mainstreaming gender in development projects, monitoring and evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the context of gender in Bhutan
- Familiarity with gender analysis tools & methodologies in the area of micro enterprise, food production &employment
Timeline & duration of the work
30 working days spread over 2 months, starting by end December 2020
Qualified and competent candidates are requested to apply with the following documents Application should contain:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter outlining your academic background, previous experience in conducting gender analysis, gender mainstreaming and experience in gender training.
- Brief methodology of how you will approach and carryout the assignment
- Financial proposal as consultancy fee per working days
The application must be submitted latest by 25th December 2020 to email@example.com